Textiles Hub London is an exciting art and design incubator in the heart of London located in a large Victorian warehouse studio that has been occupied by textile designers since 1978. It’s ideally located next to a large, leafy park with nearby stations, West Hampstead Overground, Underground (on the Jubilee Line) and Thameslink, just one stop from King’s Cross St Pancras Int’l in central London, UK.
Textiles Hub London is designed to give textile practitioners a shared space in which to work, experiment and develop their unique hand-writing. Established by critically- acclaimed British artist Emma Neuberg (Textiles, PhD RCA, 2000), Textiles Hub London is an extension of the Slow Textiles Group, a cultural and social enterprise that she founded to enable designer-entrepreneurs to scale-up sustainable, regional textiles practices and related enterprise through educational and management tools. (Click here to book a tutorial on these, to see how they may help you).
Textiles Hub London is located in one of the few artist warehouses in London run by a superlative, local charity, Kingsgate Workshops Trust, with a remit to support traditional arts and crafts businesses that focus on innovation and experimentation. This provenance and collective ethos makes the hub an important and conducive centre for textile designers and artists to explore, experiment and develop their practice.
- Textiles Hub London gives shared access to textiles-making, expertise and professional development.
- Textiles Hub London residents work with brands, companies and institutions lending luxury, cultural value and style to their campaigns, cultural heritage and projects.
- Textiles Hub London residents are trained by the best teachers in the world and are qualified in Great British flair and originality.
- Textiles Hub London offers the best in British textiles, production, design thinking, making, creativity and design.
- Textiles Hub London residents are available to design and deliver textiles workshops at all events, from museums to festivals, independents to trade fairs.
- Textiles Hub London residents are available to deliver bespoke designs, fabrics and commissions catering to every desire, on any scale.
You’re invited to meet members of Textiles Hub London at one of their collaborative events.
Sign up to the Future Workshops Mailing List!
Photo credit: Cristina Schek.