Textiles Hub London is an exciting art and design incubator in the heart of London located in a large Victorian warehouse. The studio has been occupied by leading British textile designers, makers and entrepreneurs since 1978. The studio looks out over a large, leafy park and benefits from nearby West Hampstead Overground, Underground (Jubilee Line) and Thameslink stations (just one stop from King’s Cross St Pancras Int’l).
Textiles Hub London is designed to give textile practitioners a shared space in which to work, experiment and develop their unique hand-writing. Established by critically-acclaimed British artist Emma Neuberg (Textiles, PhD RCA, 2000), the hub is a satellite of the Slow Textiles Group, a social enterprise that she founded in 2007 to enable artist-entrepreneurs to scale-up sustainable, regional textiles practices and related enterprises through educational and management tools. (Click here to book yourself a consultation with the Director).
Neuberg is the recipient of several Design, Business and Fine Art awards and is a part-time tutor at the prestigious Russell Group and the V&A, ‘the world’s leading museum of art and design.’ In 2020, she is an Arts Council awardee and a Lincoln City Fellow with the Speranza Foundation in Los Angeles, Southern California, where her solo shows and installations increase her private collectors exponentially.
Textiles Hub London is located in one of the few artist warehouses in London run by the exceptional local charity, Kingsgate Workshops Trust. Their remit is to support traditional arts and crafts businesses that focus on innovation and experimentation. This provenance and collective ethos makes Textiles Hub a culturally important and conducive centre for textile designers and artists to explore, experiment and develop their practice.
- Textiles Hub London gives shared access to textiles-making, expertise and professional development.
- Textiles Hub London residents work with brands, companies and institutions lending luxury, cultural value and style to their campaigns, cultural heritage, projects and meaning.
- Textiles Hub London residents are trained by the best teachers in the world and are qualified in British design flair, verve and originality.
- Textiles Hub London offers the best in British textiles, production, design thinking, making, creativity and design.
- Textiles Hub London residents are available to design and deliver textiles workshops at all events, from museums to festivals, independents to trade fairs.
- Textiles Hub London residents are available to deliver bespoke designs, fabrics and commissions catering to every desire and scale.
Photo credit: Cristina Schek.