Textiles Hub London is an exciting design incubator in the heart of London in a large Victorian warehouse studio that has been occupied by textile designers since 1978. The nearby stations of West Hampstead (Underground Jubilee Line and Overground) are just one stop from King’s Cross St Pancras Int’l (Thameslink) in central London, UK.
Textiles Hub London is designed to give textile practitioners a shared space in which to work, experiment and develop their unique hand-writing.
It was established by Emma Neuberg (Royal College of Art) as an extension of the Slow Textiles Group, a social enterprise that she set up to enable the designer-entrepreneur to create and scale-up sustainable, regional textiles enterprise and empower the consumer through engaging and educational Textile Design tools.
Textiles Hub London is located in one of the few artist warehouses in London run by a charity, Kingsgate Workshops Trust, with a remit to support traditional arts and crafts with innovation and experimentation.
This provenance and collective ethos makes Textiles Hub London an important and conducive centre for textile designers and textile artists to explore, experiment and develop their practice.
- Textiles Hub London gives shared access to textiles-making, expertise and professional development.
- Textiles Hub London artists and designers work with brands, companies and institutions lending luxury, cultural value and style to their campaigns and cultural heritage.
- Textiles Hub London designers are trained by the best teachers in the world and are qualified in Great British flair and originality.
- Textiles Hub London offers the best in British textiles, production, design thinking, making, creativity and design.
- Textiles Hub London artists and designers are available to design and deliver textiles workshops at all events, from museums to festivals, independents to trade fairs.
- Textiles Hub London artists and designers are available to deliver bespoke designs, fabrics and commissions catering to every desire and on any scale.
You’re invited to meet members of Textiles Hub London at one of their collaborative events.